There is a complex web of funding options for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Some examples are:
- incentive payments for renewable energy production such as the Renewable Heat Incentive and Feed-in-Tariff
- funding for domestic energy efficiency improvements under the Energy Companies Obligation
- funding for larger-scale low carbon and renewable facilities via Renewables Obligation Certificates or the EU Emissions Trading Scheme
- government or other grants such as the Rural Community Energy Fund and the Low Carbon Networks Fund
- attractive loan finance targeted specifically towards energy efficiency and low carbon projects through bodies such as Salix Finance and the Carbon Trust
- commercial debt or equity financing
And to make it more confusing, these funding options are sometimes interlinked or mutually exclusive. Furthermore the processes and rules for qualifying for and accessing these finances are often very involved and time consuming.
That's where we can help. Whether you need to simply understand the options available to you or you would like help in creating a funding solution that meets your needs, we have the knowledge, experience and contacts to help you.
Contact us to find out more.