The short list for the Insulated Render and Cladding Association (INCA) Awards 2016, which recognise innovation and excellence in external wall insulation (EWI), was announced at the INCA Meeting for Members in July.
The longstanding INCA Awards demonstrate not only the vital role for EWI in improving the energy efficiency of buildings and lifting households out of fuel poverty, but the diverse range of innovative EWI solutions. There are eight award categories covering projects in the non-residential and domestic sectors, training, outstanding achievement and architectural design, which is new for 2016.
The judging panel, consisting of industry experts from AgilityEco, BBA, CITB, Cowan Eco Design, DECC and EAE, were impressed by the high level of technical excellence achieved by INCA members to deliver the highest quality standards for their clients.
Chair of the judging panel, and AgilityEco CEO Gearóid Lane, said: “Congratulations to the shortlisted companies who have demonstrated the highest quality standards across a range of projects against strong competition. The judges had a really hard job choosing the winners as there were some really exciting projects shortlisted which demonstrates what can be achieved with EWI. Winning an INCA Award is the sign of a true industry benchmark and can help INCA members to stand out from the crowd!”
The winners will be revealed at the black-tie INCA Awards Dinner 2016 on Thursday 20 October at the spectacular 8 Northumberland in central London. Now in its fourth year, the flagship event will showcase the EWI industry to over 300 guests from across the construction industry. The Awards are sponsored by AgilityECO, CITB and QANW as well as INCA members Alsecco UK, Alumasc, Astley Facades, British Gas, Kingspan, S and B EPS, Saint-Gobain Weber, SPSenvirowall, Sto and Structherm.
For further information, contact:
INCA: T: 0844 249 0040
Notes to Editors
1. The Insulated Render and Cladding Association (INCA) is the recognised trade association for the EWI industry representing system designers, specialist installers and key component suppliers – www.inca-ltd.org.uk.
2. The judging panel for the INCA Awards 2016 comprised Gearóid Lane, CEO of AgilityECO; Claire Curtis-Thomas, CEO of BBA; Paul Gaze, Special Projects Manager at CITB; Mark Elton, Director of Cowan Eco Design; Richard Mellish, Deputy Director – Delivery, Home Energy Use at DECC; and Ruud Van Eersel, President of EAE.
3. Places at the INCA Awards Dinner 2016 on Thursday 20 October can be booked by completing and returning the booking form.
4. The finalists for the INCA Awards 2016 are:
Non – Residential
- Celtic Court – Alumasc Facades / Celtic Rendering Services
- Island, Chester Zoo – Sto / Astley Facades
- iCentrum Digital Plaza – Complete Rendering Solutions
Domestic New Build
- Solcer House – Parex / Joyner Group
- Greenwich Peninsula – Aliva UK / Regency Plastering
- South Trelawny – SPSenvirowall / C & P Plastering
Domestic Refurbishment – High Rise
- Twinnell House – SPSenvirowall / Woodman Brothers
- Seagate Court – Alumasc / Primars Coatings
- Pollockshaws Road – Alumasc / A C Whyte
- Hop House – Sto / Regency Plastering
Domestic Refurbishment – Low Rise – Multiple Properties
- Dinnington – Saint-Gobain Weber
- Balgay Street – Alsecco UK
- Plymouth Community Regeneration – Alsecco UK / British Gas
- The Long Ground – Rateavon Kingsway – Alumasc / Westdale Services
- Pine Street – Alumasc / Westdale Services
Domestic – Low Rise – Individual Property
- Crabgate Lane – Alumasc / Westdale Services
- Alma Hill – SPSenvirowall / Westville Group
- Hunts Lane – SPSenvirowall / SERS Energy Solutions
- Stoneleigh – SPSenvirowall / SERS Energy Solutions
- Saint-Gobain Weber
- Alsecco UK
Architectural Design Award
- Hop House – Brimelow McSweeney Architects
- Islands, Chester Zoo – Dan Pearlman
- Greenwich Peninsula – Jestico & Whiles
- The winner of this award will be announced at the Awards Dinner.