Highlights from Phase Two of AgilityEco's LEAP Service
Created by AgilityEco, the Local Energy Advice Partnership (LEAP) is a fully funded, national fuel poverty alleviation and outreach service delivered at a local level in close partnership with Local Authorities, as well as a number of organisations including Groundwork, IncomeMax, Energy Projects Plus, Citizens Advice Manchester and Bierce.
Increased funding from the Warm Home Discount Industry Initiatives Scheme as well as grant funding from five energy suppliers enabled us to expand LEAP more widely across the country in 2017-18, and as a result, LEAP was able to provide vital, practical help to thousands of families who needed extra support.
Key highlights include:
- £4.07 million lifetime savings achieved during Phase Two. These savings are a result of the installation of simple energy efficiency measures, provision of energy saving advice, helping customers to switch to better value energy tariffs and enabling people to maximise income
- Over 9,500 referrals into LEAP, with over 7,000 home visits completed
- 88% of home visits resulting in the installation of simple energy efficiency measures
- 23% of customers receiving additional support from LEAP's income maximisation partners, receiving debt and money advice, as well as identifying additional income
- £115,969 of gas and electricity savings by switching tariffs through the LEAP price comparison and energy switching site
- 10,000 telephone calls handled by our LEAP contact centre.
We're pleased to now be able to report and reflect on the success and achievements of Phase Two of LEAP in more detail. Download the second LEAP Impact Report and see how LEAP impacted individuals and families in need last winter. If you'd like to receive a hard copy, please email us.
You can also find out more about LEAP at applyforleap.org.uk